About Me

My photo
I am 27 & live with my fiance & my cat, Maisie LOL. I enjoy allsorts of crafts such as ATC swoping, card making, scrapbooking, altered art, encaustic art, drawing, painting etc etc. Currently in full time study at present - but not for much longer......watch this space LOL

Monday 4 February 2008

Some Altered Boxes




The brown & blue box was the 1st piece of altered art I remember doing. I was originally a gift box with jewellery in. I used papers which were free from a magazine, wripping & tearing, then using PVA glue to stick down. I then icluded embellishment such as tags, punched flowers, brads and gems. Once I'd done this I inked the edges of the box & embossed in copper. I was really pleased with the result & it now contains my 'ATC swops pending' with the plastic wallets & stamps (of course!).

The 2nd box (purple & blue) was a pre brought papier mache box. I covered it with papers & punched flowers to go on the top. The purple strip was just coloured in whisper pens. I then decorated with a butterfly & gems. This was for one of my good friend Vonxy's 60th birthday & contained a necklace which I made for her.

The 3rd box (peach & pink) was another papier mache box. I again decorated this in pretty papers, used pink & peach embossing powder around the edges, then decorated with tags, punched flowers, gems, peel-offs and ribbon. This one contained a necklace which I made from friendly plastic. It was for a raffle prize when a few of us ATCers met up in Luffy. Me buddy FrankieSue won this.

Ooooh I mite have a go at mixing the decopatch boxes with the collage embossed ones.....hmmmm watch this space.....

2 comments:

Fe-Fe said...

What great little boxes. I love altering stuff, it's so much fun isn't it!

Angie C said...

These are beautiful boxes - love them.