About Me

My photo
I am 27 & live with my fiance & my cat, Maisie LOL. I enjoy allsorts of crafts such as ATC swoping, card making, scrapbooking, altered art, encaustic art, drawing, painting etc etc. Currently in full time study at present - but not for much longer......watch this space LOL

Monday 4 February 2008

Decopatch MAD!

























One of my friends (Monkey Cheeky from docrafts - lol) brought me some decopatch papers & 3 hexagonal papier mache boxes for christmas, and since then I have gone little crazy decorating items (no no - not me fella or me cat haha). Basically decopatching is simply ripping up paper & glueing it back down - just like the papier mache technique. I have tried it with tissue paper (on the mini mannequin) but it's very thin & tends to tear easily. It maybe good as a base coat as I still had to go over it with decopatch paper. The decopatch paper is a lot thicker and so so pretty ;0). I have tried both Mod podge & PVA glue and both work just as well - it just depends on what you personally prefer, athough I would say that Mod podge tends to have a tacky sticky feel to it after (not good for the boxes ha!). You can decopatch onto any surface.
The wooden cat was a present from abroad, but didn't match my lounge or my other wooden cat (it was red & black), so I used animal print decopatch paper and now he's a happy cat sat next to me fireplace!
The mini mannequin was £3 in the sale from next and was pink! My little sister wanted it green to match her new bedroom. So I tried some green tissue paper on this. It was too thin to ise on it's own and was a lot harder to handle - so still had to use decopatch paper after all LOL.
The letter rack was £3.99 from hobbycraft, and I also brought a pack of wooden hearts for 69p. I glued one to the front of this Then decopatched over the top. I love the vintagey paper on this one!
I think my favourite so far is my little key box. I found it for £1 at a car boot! I painted it in a peachy colour, then sponge painted yellow over the top, so that you can still see that it is 2 toned. I then picked out areas to decopatch with a matching paper. I've actually kept this & the letter rack for myself!
For inspiration have a look at:

2 comments:

Joey said...

i love the letter rack! thinks thats me fave!

Anonymous said...

remind me not to stand still for too long near you LOL great job